How to look after your Macaroon jewellery
Like all things delicate and beautiful, your jewellery needs to be given a little bit of love and attention to keep it at its best! To help you, we have a few little gems of advice...
- ...always remember to remove your jewellery before bathing or swimming
- ...avoid spraying perfume directly onto your jewellery
- ...keep your jewellery in our little Macaroon cotton bag to avoid scratching and breakages
- ...polish it up! Many Macaroon designs are made using Thai and Sterling Silver, and due to its nature silver can tarnish. All our silver jewellery comes with a free cleaning cloth and all it needs is a little polish with your cloth to bring it back to sparkling brilliance!
How to clean up your old jewellery
Most of your jewellery will clean up with a little polish of our cloth, but for older pieces or ones that have been left lying around, we have a few clever tricks of the trade!
- ...For your badly tarnished jewellery there is an easy and natural way to clean it. Cover the bottom of a glass heat proof dish with a piece of aluminium foil (shiny side up inside it). Put the tarnished silver in the bottom of the dish, add 1 big tablespoon of baking soda and then slowly pour boiling water over it until it covers the jewellery. The tarnish will gradually collect on the aluminium foil and clean your sterling silver, making it super sparkly again!
- ...Baking soda is also good for cleaning jewellery. Put a paste of baking soda and water onto the jewellery and rub gently, rinse with water and then polish dry with a soft cloth.